Awful change! What was the purpose?
Any way to go back to the old format?
Hi Steve, First of all thank you so much for being a loyal fan (and a Premium subscriber), and I am sorry that the home page change is bothering you. We studied the usage of this page and people overwhelmingly use the Trending News and Analysis sections which is why we placed them at the top.
I will share with you a few tips, in case your were not aware, sorry if this was obvious already....
1. Our goal was to provide more indexes and futures especially while the market is closed, and also much clearer charts with more options than we had before. If you want to see the charts for Dow, S&P and Nasdaq, you do not need to click on the blue links to go to the symbol page, just click as shown to toggle the charts:
2. If you don't read the trending news and analysis ( and are only interested in the portfolio and market indices, then perhaps the portfolio tab is a better choice ? We recently added a convenient button to jump to your headlines, and the "All portfolios" view provides headlines across all portfolios. 3. We wanted to add back the side by side format of the portfolio to the home page since people liked that format in the old portfolio page. The portfolio headlines are now higher up than they used to be in the old home page, even though the prices are lower. 4. There is a workaround if you like a more compact experience, use Ctrl - to shrink the size and Ctrl + to increase it. We will be creating a more permanent version of this text size setting, but we are focused on getting accessibility to work for mobile first, since on desktop there is this workaround.
Hope this helps,.
All the best,
I too hate the change and you should have a choice which you have.
Questions to SA about this new format:
1) How much has your traffic dropped?
2) How much has your revenue likewise dropped?
3) How long will it take you to figure out that the first step to getting out of a hole is to stop digging?
Dear SA Team,
The desktop version interface change is absolutely awful!
I love SA, and I have been posting/commenting for years, but this change WILL make me cancel my PRO account and leave if it's not undone. I hate to be negative guys--you really f****d this one up though!
Here are my top gripes with the new format:
1) The three market graphs were removed from the top of the splash page. I want to see the S&P, Dow, AND Nasdaq (all three) without having to click on them. I don't care how much the market is up or down... I want to see the price action!
2) Why the hell do I have to scroll all the way down the page to see my portfolio? It used to be so nicely put on the right side. I don't give a shit about the Quant rating, the SA Author rating, or the Wall St. rating--all I want to see is how much I'm up or down in each of my stocks. The new list doesn't even sort correctly automatically.
3) Why are my portfolio headlines all the way down and hidden? I don't care what the trending news or analysis is! If I wanted to listed to some idiots I'd turn on Fox news. Stop it!
4) What's with the giant text and spacing Mr. Magoo? There was no problem reading anything before! Now all I can see is less without scrolling. Just headline news! WTF!
Please, please change it back or at least create an option to display things the prior way through in some sort of new user interface settings panel.
Your loyal but rapidly wilting fan,
I’m unable to identify new comments from ones I previously read on articles read. I track comments from commentators from authors I follow and if I’m unable to efficiently read New comments the site has lost a lot of value for me.
PLEASE go back to the old format. Following articles is impossible and there is no explanation as to how to read the comment stream now. I have no idea how to navigate the previous next button next to a comment, and what it means. Why was there no explanation as to how to use these changes?
How do I unsubscribe to an article now?
Customer support service by UserEcho